Below are some examples of places to go to for this wonderful six month exchange opportunity that NSERC CREATE IACPES offers to you. An opportunity that will give you a different perspective on your research and on life. Its a chance to step back and observe different point of views. In NSERC CREATE IACPES the exchange program is viewed priority – so start thinking of it immediately as you prepare your application. Where would you go given this chance? After acceptance into the program – start planning for it to take place in 2nd or 3rd year. An exchange with government, industry, or university will improve you future marketability. Choose to go where you want to go. Learn something else – experience somewhere else; this is your exchange and it does not necessarily have to compliment your research.
- Sources and large scale distribution of volatile organic compounds (VOC) in the troposphere and their impact on the chemistry of the troposphere
- Application of VOC as a “probe” for the investigation of atmospheric processes, which are not directly accessible to measurements
- Investigation of chemical and physical processes in the atmosphere using the measurement of stable isotope ratios (13C/12C und D/H) in VOC
- Development of methods for the sampling of ambient air, the analytics of VOC in air samples at low mixing ratios, and development of calibration techniques
- Development of instruments for in-situ measurements of trace gases for the application on research aircraft
- Development of hardware and retrieval algorithms for remote sensing experiments
- Atmospheric Trace Gas and Aerosol Measurements Using Optical Methods